HMSA’s Case Management Program provides personalized support to help you understand and manage your health conditions and helps you get timely, coordinated access to the care you need.
We work closely with your doctors to help coordinate your treatment, medication, and other services. Our goal is to ensure that you have access to the care you need to achieve your best health and well-being.
This program is voluntary and available at no cost to HMSA members.
How will I work with my case manager?
You have access to a team of Hawaii-based registered nurses who’ll connect with you or your caregiver by phone, virtual visit, or in person. You can meet or talk with them from your home, in your provider’s office, or at an HMSA Center.
Your case manager can:
- Collaborate with your health care team to:
- Coordinate your care plan.
- Discuss your health needs with your care team and caregiver(s).
- Help you understand and follow instructions from your health care team.
- Help you understand your medications and treatment plan.
- Reinforce an action plan that includes steps to take if your symptoms worsen and when to contact your doctor.
- Make sure that you understand discharge instructions if you’re hospitalized.
- Help you set and achieve health goals.
- Connect you with resources to support your health and well-being.
- Discuss an advance health care directive, living will, or power of attorney.
- Help coordinate out-of-state care.
For more information about this program, call HMSA Health and Well-being Support at 1-855-329-5461, option 1.
What resources can I use?
The information you obtain from the sources on this site or any other service offered by or through this site should not substitute for or be used instead of a relationship with a health care professional. We encourage you to seek the advice of and regularly consult with physicians and other health care providers.