The AccordantCare™ Rare program is designed to help members find the answers and support they need to manage rare and complex conditions and maximize their overall health. This specialized education and support program is offered to members with the following conditions:
- Inclusion body myositis
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sickle cell disease
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Ulcerative colitis
Who is the program for?
All HMSA members with eligible plans and any of the 21 conditions listed above are eligible to participate.
What can members expect to receive if they enroll in the program?
- A registered nurse who specializes in rare conditions and provides ongoing support and education.
- Routine health risk assessments conducted by a nurse to identify risk factors, gaps in care, and opportunities for optimal self-management.
- Personalized education and monitoring based on individual needs.
- Monthly newsletters focusing on condition-specific self-management strategies.
- 24/7 access to a nurse specialist.
- Access to a patient portal with online resources, educational materials, and interactive forums.
- Collaboration with your provider.
- Psychosocial support.
- Resource assistance.
- End-of-life and caregiver support.
- Specialized support for health goals.
- Comorbidity management.
- Periodic wellness outreach including flu- and pneumonia-prevention reminders.
Why is this program offered to HMSA members?
HMSA knows that improving quality and service leads to better health. If you’re managing a chronic, complex, or rare condition, AccordantCare Rare provides one-on-one, personalized support that’s tailored to your needs. The program gives you access — any time, day or night — to a nurse and a resource specialist who specialize in your condition. It may be offered as part of your plan benefits, so there’s no additional cost to you.