The HMSA health plans and programs are part of the highest level of care available in our nation and have received recognition from industry leaders and governing agencies. To keep offering you the best products and services, we’re committed to ongoing audits and evaluations that allow us to grow with you and continue to meet your needs.
We work with the National Committee for Quality Assurance to make sure that HMSA health plans meet high standards for quality care. NCQA Health Plan Accreditation evaluates how well we manage all parts of our delivery system–physicians, hospitals, other providers, and administrative services–to continually improve the quality of care and services for our members.
HMSA plans are accredited for service and clinical quality. That means HMSA’s plans meet NCQA’s rigorous requirements. These plans include:
- Exchange PPO: HMSA Bronze PPO, HMSA Catastrophic Plan, HMSA Gold PPO, HMSA Platinum PPO, HMSA Silver PPO, HMSA Small Business CompMED, HMSA Small Business PPP
- Medicare PPO: HMSA Akamai Advantage
- Commercial PPO: Federal Employee Program, HMSA Preferred Provider Plan, The Hawaii Employer Union Trust Fund CompMED
- Medicaid HMO: HMSA QUEST Integration
- Commercial HMO/POS combined: Health Plan Hawaii, Health Plan Hawaii Plus, HMO Hawaii, Federal Plan 87 High Option, Federal Plan 87 Standard Option
HMSA Akamai Advantage® is a PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in HMSA Akamai Advantage depends on contract renewal.